By the way, I’m not an affiliate of any of the courses I’m reviewing in this article. So rest assured that you’re going to get an honest and unbiased opinion on all the six courses I’m going to review here.
There are hundreds of courses out there that promise to teach you how to become a successful Amazon seller. Well, I hate to break it to you that most of them are hyped garbage.
A lot of people have been severely burned for investing in the wrong courses. I was once there, chasing the next shiny object. I’m thankful that I’m no longer in that space today.
The Amazon FBA space can be particularly overwhelming. Not many people understand how to navigate this industry and make a killing from it.
If you have the capital to start the business, and want to get the best results from it, then your best bet is to learn from a truly successful FBA seller. However, it is important you understand how the system works first. That’s when you can decide if the business model is what you would like to do, or try something better.
Why This Review?
- This review is designed to provide adequate information to anyone interested in venturing into Amazon FBA business. I believe the easiest way to succeed in life, and in business is to learn from people who are steps ahead of you.
My intention is to share insights on what each of the courses has to offer for you. I will also highlight the pros and cons of each course to guide you further on what to expect if you later decide to buy one of them
What Are My Criteria For Selecting The Six Courses
- You might be curious to know the criteria I used in sieving the six courses from hundreds of similar courses available online. The courses are rated based on the quality of the resources they offer and the reputation of the course creators.
To decide whether a course is worth it, you want to consider its relevance in today’s rapidly changing business environment, the practicality of the strategies taught and how supportive and active their community is.
Now, let’s dive right into the review of my best picks of Amazon FBA courses in 2020. Please note that these courses are presented in no particular order.
My Best 6 Amazon Courses in 2020
- Product University by Sophie Howard
- Private Label Masters by Tim Sanders
- Amazing Selling Machine
- Nine University 2.0
- FBA Sales Accelerator
- Amazon FBA Ninja by Kevin David
1. Product University Course Overview
Product University was created in 2016 by Sophie Howard, one of the most popular coaches on internet entrepreneurship. Sophie is a 7-figure Amazon seller. She has also created a number of courses to guide people seeking help on how to start their Amazon business.
Her two most successful courses are Product University and Amazon Navigator which she rebranded as Blue Sky Amazon on November 3, 2019.
Product University is divided into 6 modules with each focusing on a specific aspect of setting up an Amazon FBA business. From the first module, titled “The Foundation”, Sophie emphasizes the importance of developing a positive mindset, a basic requirement to succeed in the business.
In the course, Sophie shows you how she goes about selecting her best-selling products which she sells on Amazon. She has a number of business lines on the platform but one of her all time successful brands is Higher Tea.
You will learn the fundamental aspects of the business including how to source for low-competition products. She also provides great tips on how to optimize your products by using paid advertising platforms such as Facebook. Sophie shares from her wealth of experience on the strategy she believes if well implemented will help you succeed in the business.
Price Of Blue Sky Amazon Course?
$3,500 when you pay once or four monthly payments of $995
- It offers advanced product selection strategy
- It’s a comprehensive course
- Sophie is a genuinely successful Amazon Seller
- The learning curve is a little steep
- The course is not suitable for beginners
Click HERE to read the complete Product University Review
2. Private Label Masters
Private Label Masters is a brainchild of Tim Sanders, one of the most successful Amazon sellers. The course is designed to guide you on your journey to become an Amazon seller. In the course, Tim walks you through the process of setting up your Amazon FBA business from start to finish. PLM is an 8-module course loaded with nuggets and guidance to help you jumpstart your business.
The course covers a broad range of topics such as product research, product source, shipping, brand & optimization and product branding. Overall, Private Label Masters is a good course that will open your eyes to what you need to succeed.
Unlike Sophie Howard’s Product University, PLM is suitable for newbies. The course is properly structured and the strategies taught are quite easy to follow through.
Price of Private Label Masters?
PLM costs $5,000 but Tim offers a $1,500 discount if bought on the call.
- It’s a well-structured course
- Tim Sanders is a truly successful Amazon seller
- The course is regularly updated
- The price is a little step when you factor other costs you’re going to incur on inventory, shipping, branding and promotion
- It provides limited product sourcing options
Click HERE to read my complete Private Label Masters Review
3. Amazing Selling Machine II
Amazing Selling Machine was originally co-created by Jason Katzenback and Matt Clark in 2012. The course was presented by Rick Henderson and Mike McClary with a special appearance from Dan Ashburn. The instructors walk you through the process of starting your Amazon FBA business with or without prior experience in ecommerce.
ASM II is the latest version in the series of updates made to the course over the years. This particular version includes an 8-week online training sessions, a private mentorship program, a global community of sellers and a private resource vault.
Via the ASM II mentorship program, you will have access to a pool of successful Amazon sellers providing mentorship to guide you. These experts guide you through the process of building your business. They offer you expert advice on how to select and market your product as well as optimize your store.
The private resource vault is a collection of tools and resources that Jason and Matt have personally tested and used to scale their business. You will also get access to supplier templates, product evaluation templates and helpful guidance on how to choose the right logistics and transportation companies.
Price of The Amazing Selling Machine?
The Amazon Selling Machine II costs $5,000. However, the cost can be broken into 6 payments of $997 for buyers who can’t afford a full up-front payment.
- It is suitable for newbies
- It has active and supportive online community
- The course is expensive
- It teaches outdated product selection strategy
- No comprehensive training on how to run PPC ads
Click HERE to read my complete Amazing Selling Machine II Review
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online lead gen business
4. Nine University 2.0
Nine University is a 7-week training Amazon FBA course developed by Kale Abraham and Taylor Hioth in 2018. The duo started out as Amazon sellers in 2017. The course doesn’t only show you how to start your own FBA business, it comes in handy with a proprietary product research tool called Boost Nine.
The focus of their course is to teach you how to do proper product research before selecting products to sell using their research tool called Boost Nine. With the software, you can easily evaluate if a market/product is profitable or not when venturing into selling on Amazon through FBA.
While the tool could be helpful, it has few functionalities compared with some more insanely powerful tools like Jungle Scout and Helium 10.
Nine University is a decent course. If anything, Kale and Taylor covers topics on product listing construction, shipping, packaging and labelling of your product. They also show you how to run PPC campaigns (paid ads) to drive traffic to the product.
Price of Nine University?
Nine University 2.0 course comes in at $1997
- It has active support group
- It covers the important aspect of Amazon FBA business
- The proprietary tool may ease your product research
- It explains limited product sourcing options (only China)
- Kale and Taylor have little or no track record of success selling on Amazon
- There are too many upsells
Click HERE to read my complete Nine University 2.0 Review
5. FBA Sales Accelerator
FBA Sales Accelerator is a training program founded in 2017 by Ryan Rigney. The course is divided into 7 modules and comes with a tool called Boost Rooster. Boost Rooster is a campaign management tool that enables you to integrate advertising platforms such as Facebook and ManyChat.
Ryan provides you with the important training you need to drive traffic to your Amazon listing via PPC campaigns. His training also covers product listing optimization for increased mobile conversion.
Ryan reflects his analytical skills in the way he provides detailed explanation for each of the lessons in the course. The training is presented both in written and video format. There is video content of over 14 hours with loads of written content for you to consume and digest.
Ryan shares tips of what works for him in the business. He also shares insight on how you can partner with Instagram influencers to accelerate your sales and increase your profits.
Unlike other courses, Ryan’s FBA Sales Accelerator is not an ideal course for newbies. The course primarily targets those who have started selling already and only seeking additional knowledge to generate more profits.
Price of FBA Sales Accelerator?
FBA Sales Accelerator costs $497
- It provides step-by-step guide on how to increase sales through social ads
- It offers a tool that shows how to integrate Facebook and ManyChat to get more sales
- The course has not been updated since it was created in 2018
Click HERE to read my complete FBA Sales Accelerator Review
6. Amazon FBA Ninja
Amazon FBA Ninja is the creation of Kevin David. The training is extensively presented in both video and written content. As well giving tips on product research and product selection process, Kevin focuses largely on Facebook ads training. Kevin gives you practical tips on how you can launch your products and promote them using both Amazon platform and social media.
Amazon FBA Ninja was one of the hottest when it was first introduced to the market in 2017. But with years passing by, the course seemed to have lost some relevance. For one, Kevin has not updated his course to reflect the current reality of our time. Like most FBA amazon courses, he recommends getting your products from China. But I doubt if this advice is still as great as it was in 2017.
The world is currently grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic leading to the closure of international borders in several countries including the United States and China. The pandemic has put a great strain on international trades and mobility which make it significantly challenging to do business this time.
Price of Amazon FBA Ninja Course?
The course costs $3,997. Kevin offers a $50 discount for those who purchase the course on the website
- It teaches how to earn free traffic in addition to PPC campaigns
- It offers advanced training on Facebook launch
- It teaches outdated process selection method
- No clear refund policy
- Content lacks structure and organization
Click HERE to read my complete Amazon FBA Ninja Review
My View on Amazon FBA Business
Amazon FBA is a quite profitable business to consider if you know your onions. But before you go ahead and invest in a course, I will like you to note the following points about the business model:
- A great training doesn’t necessarily guarantee success in Amazon FBA business. The business requires a relatively large upfront investment on inventory, shipping, promotion and branding. To get started well on Amazon, you will need around $15-20k, that’s if you’re starting on a modest scale. At the end of the day, you may realize this is not an ideal business for you especially if you don’t have enough money to throw around.
- While it is true that you can make money from being an Amazon seller, it is generally not easy money. For example, you may have to go through the experience of trying a couple products before you finally find the right ones. All through this phase, you have to keep financing your business to prevent going below. So, it takes a lot of time, money and patience to reach profitability.
- In addition, Amazon is a highly competitive platform. You are going to be competing with hundreds to thousands of longstanding brands that have gained popularity among consumers. Unless you have a killer marketing and branding tactic, it will almost be impossible to compete favorable with those existing brands.
- Finally, if you are opting for Amazon FBA business, then you should get ready for barrage of price wars. Sellers use price war (forcing down your price in order to gain competitive advantage) to weaken your competition. Unfortunately, price war typically leads to unhealthy competition, and a reduction in quality as you might be forced to lower your cost of production to create room for profits.
Looking at it critically, Amazon FBA may be the right option for you if you have a lot of money to invest in the business and can endure the hassles associated with it. But personally, I wouldn’t recommend the business for you especially if you’re looking for an easier, faster and more sustainable way to make money online.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online lead gen business
Is There An Easier Alternative Out There?
- Yes, there is a better, and easier way to make money online without having to go through the hassles associated with Amazon FBA. I make 5 figures monthly working a few hours daily online.
How do I make easy, sustainable income online?
- I run a lead generation business where I help local businesses to acquire leads using Facebook ads. I am able to get results for my clients and that’s why I get paid on a regular basis for my service.
Lead generation is a high income skill that you can learn today and start your business in the next couple of days. The beautiful part is, you’re not investing in any inventory or paying for shipping. I learned the skill of running successful ads through a program called the Local Marketing Vault (LMV).
What Is The Local Marketing Vault?
Local Marketing Vault is an online training platform that shows you the process of creating ads that generate results using pre-built funnels. That said, you don’t have to worry too much about figuring things out on your own. You can easily select from the available funnels in the vault to create ads that generate results for your clients.
In addition to helping you to master how to create successful ads, the Local Marketing Vault walks you through the tried and tested technique to land clients faster. The training platform also has a private Facebook page that connects you with over 5000 pros who can help you jumpstart your business.
To learn more about how the program can help you, click here.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2020 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here