It Works is an MLM company operating from the US, Ireland, and South Korea. It's a beauty and nutrition company, having hundreds of products.
Our point of interest in this company is that it has adopted multi-level marketing to sell its products, increase the revenue and number of consumers. It is running a distributor recruiting program with the promise that you will earn on your own terms.
As you will read in the review, that is not exactly the case. Their terms are quite strict and demanding.
In this review, I’m going to take It Works under the scope. You will know whether it’s a pyramid scheme, a scam, a great opportunity to earn money, or none of these.
But if you want to know…
Why Am I Writing It Works Review?
Then the answer is not straightforward.
- My readers are aware of the fact that I have a long experience in digital marketing. I have seen a lot happening before my very eyes. I can sense whether an opportunity is a real one or a trap.
- I created this platform to offer free, genuine, and non-affiliate advice about courses, programs, websites, schemes, and other money-making opportunities.
- I call a spade a spade, so people trust my opinion. If a company runs a scam, I call it a scam and advise people to stay away from it. On the other hand, if there's a genuine earning opportunity, I push people to go ahead.
- This review of It Works is written in the same spirit.
Disclaimer: This review is my unbiased and professional opinion. I'm not associated or affiliated with It Works or its founders in any way. I will get no benefit if you join this company, sell its products, or not.
Researching about It Works was not an easy task. It was time-consuming and tedious work. But I have done it.
Without further ado, let’s jump on the review.
An Overview Of The It Works Company:
- Mark and Cindy Pentecost started this company back in 2001. Yes, it’s not a new company.
- It’s quite apparent that It Works is an MLM company, and they recruit distributors to sell the products and recruit other distributors.
- They have products about beauty and personal care, keto, nutrition, weight loss, energy, endurance, vegan, apparel, and accessories.
- Their most famous product, which started a buzz, is Ultimate body applicator. They call it body contouring wrap. It is for contouring and shedding the extra weight from targeted body parts such as the belly, legs, buttocks, etc. All you have to do is wrap this thing around for 45 minutes, and voila! You are done. The surprising thing is that on Amazon, its price is $81.99, but they are selling it for $59 on their website for loyal customers.
- They also have many other products for losing weight, and they promise that you will lose 31lbs in 90 days by using their system.
- They have both positive and negative reviews for their products.
- You can join them as a distributor by signing up for their program.
- You have to buy Business Builder Kit to start your career in It Works as a distributor.
- As with all the MLMs, you can make money by selling products and by recruiting downline.
- They have created a compensation plan for the distributors, which is quite complicated.
- After paying the signup fee and buying the kit, you will become a “wannapreneur”. They will also provide you with a website for your business, but you have to pay $20 monthly for that.
- You have to sell at least 80 units of their products to make your money back or sell 400 units to make your first $1000. But that's a Herculean task.
The thing which I have noticed is that they are overselling the unbelievable benefits of their products. I have seen a disclaimer by Food and Drug Administration that says, “These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.”
This disclaimer, tall claims, and negative reviews make their products doubtful and hard to sell.
I've already seen that 99% of the people actually lose money in MLMs instead of making any, but it seems more probable in the case of It Works.
How Much Does It Cost To Join It Works?
It Works doesn’t come cheap. It’s not like Farmasi, another MLM company I have reviewed, where you can join as a distributor by paying just $19.99.
- We don't know the exact signup fee, but you also have to buy a business product kit of $50.
- Then you have to pay $20 per month for the website.
- You also have to pay an annual renewal fee.
- But then you have to complete the tasks to keep your status as a distributor.
The time and effort you put in are extra. Beware that you're not actually starting a business, but you're paying all these fees to become a salesperson for them and make money for them. I can't see how that's a prudent decision.
It Works – Compensation Plan:
It Works has a 22-page long Compensation Plan available in pdf here. You should read it in detail before signing up with them. The plan is not easy to comprehend. You have to spend time to understand it fully. It provides you three types of commissions.
By selling the products of It Works and completing the tasks, you earn retail commissions for yourself.
Not all products have the same commission rate. Most distributors, in the beginning, end up buying products for family, friends because it's hard to sell products to other people. For details about retail commissions, see the compensation plan.
Loyal Customer Commission:
You have to enroll four qualified active, loyal customers. Loyal customers are your customers who sign up with this company for a minimum of three months auto-ship agreement for their product orders. Customers receive the wholesale price on these products. With these sales to loyal customers, you receive a percentage in the form of commission.
You have to recruit distributors under you. When these distributors make sales, you earn a commission for each of those sales.
It Works' compensation plan is not only complicated, but it also makes it hard to earn any money quickly or easily by joining this company. That's one more thing to consider before joining this company as a distributor because when the company itself is making it hard for distributors to earn any money, how will this program benefit you.
Is It Works A Pyramid Scheme?
- These all facts and arguments, which we have discussed above, raise this doubt that It Works is a pyramid scheme.
- But that’s not true. It Works is not a pyramid scheme; it’s just an MLM company.
- You see, they have been in this business since 2001. I don’t think a pyramid scheme can survive that long.
- Also, they spend a lot of money creating, marketing, and selling the products, which a pyramid scheme never does.
So, I can say with complete confidence that this company is not a pyramid scheme.
It Works: Legit Or A Scam?
I know that you have to bear a high joining cost to join this company as a distributor, which shows that this company tries to make money out of joining fees.
- I also know that they have laid down complicated rules and terms that make it hard for distributors to earn any money or even keep a distributor's status.
- But I would say that It Works is not a scam.
- It’s a legit MLM company.
- I have never seen that many people who claim that It Works scammed them.
- Everybody knows the owners of this company; they provide detailed compensation plans before joining, and they sell real products, and that all shows that It Works is a legit company.
However, keeping in view all the details, I’m not sure it would be a good idea to join this company as a distributor.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
How Easy Is It To Make Money With It Works?
The straight answer is that it's literally not easy to make good money by joining It Works. I think a significantly fewer number of people make any money with this company.
- First of all, let's admit that selling products online is a challenging task. It requires investment and time and a high level of skill and knowledge of digital marketing.
- Secondly, convincing other people to join It Works as distributors is even harder than selling products. MLMs companies have earned quite a bad name for themselves. Usually, people don't trust them. They regard them as pyramid schemes or scams.
- Thirdly, the rules, terms, and conditions for the distributors laid down by this company are complicated and very strict. They make their job hard.
- Fourthly, you require a substantial amount of money to join this company and keep a distributor's status.
In light of these arguments, I don't think you will earn a good amount of money easily by joining It Works.
Do I Recommend Joining It Works?
Hell NO! I wouldn’t be in my senses if I recommend you to join an MLM for making money.
- I have no hate either for It Works Company or its founders, but I cannot see any scope of you making money by becoming a distributor of It Works.
- According to studies, 99% of people who join MLMs, lose money. Only the owners and top executives make money.
- Also, I think this is not the day and age to join MLMs to earn money. Their time is over.
So, don't waste your money and time pursuing MLMs. There are other more legit, easy, and predictable money-making opportunities are available.
Suggest Me A Great But Easy Way Of Making Money:
- The easiest and surer way of making money in 2021 is local lead generation.
- It is a practice of acquiring leads for local businesses. They pay a good commission for that. I'm making 4-5 figures income through lead generation.
- In my 15 years journey as a digital entrepreneur, I have tested every damn method of making money online. I have never seen a more productive and profitable thing than lead generation.
- I use Facebook ads for generating qualified leads.
I know you don’t know a thing about Facebook ads. That’s why I would highly recommend you to join Local Marketing Vault.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
What Is Local Marketing Vault?
If you want to learn lead generation from scratch to an advanced level, then Local Marketing Vault is your best bet.
- It is a complete Facebook ad and sales funnels training program. You learn how to create, run, manage successful Facebook ad campaigns. No stone is left unturned in this training program to provide maximum value, from selecting the target audience to writing copy to create images.
- The training is so effective that even beginners make 4-5 figures of monthly income after taking this course.
- Another great thing about this program is that they provide you with pre-built sales funnels, and you can implement them in your client's business.
- A private Facebook community of over 5000 members is looking for you to join.
The choice is yours to choose what is best for you but believe me, It Works will never work for you. It has never worked for anyone. If you're serious about your career, then join Local Marketing Vault right now!
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids and husband to 1 awesome wife.
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2020 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here