What are the pros and cons of PPC marketing? According to most experts, an effective digital footprint is crucial for a business to expect growth and success. With the advent of digital marketing, businesses are utilizing every channel that helps put them in front of the customer. Although there are a variety of strategies and channels for running an online marketing campaign, one of the most sought-after strategies is Pay Per Click (PPC) marketing.
Is PPC the right strategy for your business? We have listed the top 5 pros and cons of PPC marketing strategy. Read them and decide for yourself.
Pros of PPC Marketing
Access to Analytics
- One of the prime advantages of using PPC marketing is that it allows you to access and analyze your campaign’s data. Tools like Google Analytics provides time-series insights on clicks, impressions, and conversions. They can also tell you which area or region clicked the most at what time.
Facebook Analytics goes a step further and informs you about the demographics and taste preferences of your audience. All this information can help you make informed decisions about maximizing your efforts to run an effective marketing campaign.
Mergence with Other Campaigns
- Although PPC is a standalone marketing strategy, it can be bundled up and used simultaneously with other campaigns. If you have insight data from Google Analytics, you can pinpoint the regions that have the highest reach. This will help you run targeted campaigns. As a result, your business is going to see increased online customer interaction and site visitor growths.
Easy to Setup and Deploy
- PPC is arguably the quickest online marketing campaign to set up. All you need is to know your business keywords and your budget. You’ll log in to a PPC platform and after a few clicks, your campaign will be ready for launch.
Compared to most other types of marketing campaigns, especially SEO, PPC requires comparatively less knowledge and relies more on how well you can optimize your campaign. This translates to a higher reach and increased customer interactions.
Cons of PPC Marketing
Low Return on Investment (ROI)
- If a PPC campaign is run inefficiently, it can drain your budget quickly. It will also result in minimum customer interaction with your online business. This quickly translates to low sales and loss of revenue. To fully reap the benefits of PPC, a business needs to make sure it has adequate knowledge to optimize its campaigns.
Beware of Competitors and Shady Firms
- If you have a lot of competitors in your business category, then you need to be wary of them. They can deliberately click on your ads and drive up your costs significantly. If you hire an expert to counter such a problem, this too will add up to your business costs.
Some businesses opt for hiring PPC consultancy firms to manage their PPC campaigns. There are a lot of shady firms that make unnatural promises about business growth and reach. These firms trap the business and quite often cause a major loss. Therefore, a business should consider saving upon its costs by handling the PPC campaigns by itself.
- To conclude, PPC is a popular digital marketing tool that is being used by many businesses. It provides the analytics and tools required to achieve business growth. This data can also help a business develop long term strategies.
On the other hand, it can be a costly investment if done improperly or by hiring an agency. Therefore, it is in the best interest of a business to enroll in a learning program such as Local Marketing Vault. This course will help the business learn the necessary strategies to successfully run an optimized PPC campaign and secure their business’s future.
Now that you are aware of the pros and cons of PPC, why not give it a shot.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here