Everything you need to know about Tory Lanez Net Worth
DayStar Peterson who famously goes as Tory Lanez is a rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer. He received initial recognition because of his mixtape in 2013 after that he slowly worked on his songs and in 2015 he signed to a record producer Mad Love Studios. Tory has an estimated net worth of $3.5 million as of 2021. Here are some interesting facts about him and how he has gained fame and success over the past few years.
Early Life and Career
- Tory was born on July 27, 1992, in Brampton Ontario, Canada. He lived with his family in Montreal before moving to Miami, Florida. He was known for practicing his rapping skills and refining them ever since he was a young boy but this was before he found out that his mother had tragically passed away due to a very rare disease.
- After his mother passed away his father started working as a missionary which led to them moving throughout the United States.
- When his father remarried they had to move to Atlanta, Georgia. Tory spent most of his time in Atlanta, Florida, New York City, and Toronto.
- When he was just 15 years old he was forced to be kicked out and live on his own, now when he looks back at it he thinks of it as a blessing because that situation taught him to toughen up and strengthen his will. He is the man he is today because of it.
- When he was just 16 years old he dropped out of high school to perform at outdoor concerts for he had recognized his talent and was willing to pursue it.
- It all started when he took a beating from his cousin and he started making diss tracks on him, later he thought that they made sense and he rhymed the sentences together and made songs. Music lights spark in his life then and it has been the same ever since.
- He got his name from a friend in Atlanta “Hakeem” He would always comment on his ability to run fast and play chicken with cars and then Tori came from Notorious B.I.G.
- His favorite rapper of all time is 2Pac.
Rapping Career and handling fame
In 2019 Tory released his very first music video at that time he used to live in South Florida. He began directing several music videos and started posting them on his youtube channel. Sean Kingston recognized him and was interested in him after watching a few of his videos. After that, he contacted Tory and asked him to meet him, which he did while he was touring with Justin Bieber. Tory even had the chance to perform on the tour.
- Tory has had a lifelong feud with Drake. It all started back in 2010 when Tory posted a youtube video in which he said that he would pay Drake $10,000 if he wasn't feeling his Playing for Keep's mixtape to which Drake never responded and it pissed him off. Both of them have been verbally sparring ever since.
- According to Tory, it was Justin Bieber who found him and it was actually unbelievable for him because Justin Beiber was a megastar. Although Justin didn't sign him Sean Kingston did instead.
- When it comes to his style of performing he gives his dad a lot of credit because when he was a young boy he saw his father performing which eventually gave him the ability to use his voice at highs and lows.
- He uses his voice to make an impact and his wit to keep the audience engaged.
- After getting fame he realized that projection and passion were more important than actual singing and songwriting ability. He thinks that he has an advantage over people who only rap and do not interact.
- After completing his contract with Interscope records he got several multi-million offers from different record label companies, he turned all of them down.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here