If you’re interested in becoming an insurance agent and want to know everything about Symmetry Financial Group, then this review is for you. You will learn whether it’s a good idea to join this company or better to stay away from it. So, stay with me …
Disclaimer: This review is my 100% honest, unbiased and professional opinion, based on my 15 years of experience as a digital entrepreneur. I'm not associated or affiliated with Symmetry Financial Group. I will get no benefit if you join them.
A Complete Overview Of The Symmetry Financial Group:
- Symmetry Financial Group is an insurance marketing company. Remember, it’s NOT an insurance company; it’s only an insurance marketing company. Meaning it sells the insurance packages for other companies such as Transamerica and Foresters.
- Based in Swannanoa, North Carolina, It was founded by Brandon Ellison, Brian Pope, and Casey Watkins in 2009.
- It was created with the promise of creating balance and harmony in the professional and personal lives of insurance agents.
- Make no mistake; it’s not a usual insurance marketing company. For the last five years, from 2015 to 2020, it is ranked among the top 5000 companies by Inc. Magazine.
- The founders of this company are not new to the insurance world. They have decades of combined experience in this field. They know all the ins and outs of insurance marketing.
- The company is highly regarded by global financial magazines and institutions, thanks to its massive growth.
- Most of the reviews at Glassdoor by the former employees are very positive about Symmetry Financial Group. However, some disturbing reviews raise the suspicion of the company being a pyramid scheme.
- This company has a solid and vibrant social media presence, with thousands of people following them on different social media platforms.
- Now, besides an insurance marketing company, Symmetry Financial Group is also an MLM company. Along with selling insurance for other companies, it also uses recruiting as its marketing strategy. The fact is that most people regard MLMs as pyramid schemes. That’s why many people also think that it’s a pyramid scheme.
How To Join Symmetry Financial Group As An Agent?
- If you want to work as an insurance agent with them, either someone has to recruit you, or you can do that by clicking on the Working With Symmetry category on the company’s website. You have to fill out a form, which requires usual information, and a team member will contact you about how you can start working with this company.
- To start with this company you have to choose one of the following three paths:
- Producer Path: It is the path of a career agent. If you want to work for this company as an insurance agent, you have to choose this path. It’s designed for newbies.
- Wholesaler Path: It is designed for experienced professionals who have all the tools and training at their hands to jumpstart the career.
- Owner Path: It serves as the flagship for this company. If you’re interested in building your own agency, this path is best suited to you.
They didn’t show what you have to pay, if any, to choose any of the paths.
What Are The Services Symmetry Financial Group Offer?
Symmetry Group is in partnership with over 30 insurance companies. That means there are a lot of choices available for the customers. For every customer, there is some package that would suit their needs. Following services are offered by this company:
- Mortgage Protection
- Final Expense
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Protection
- SmartStart Insurance
This company also provides some premium products such as Debt Free Life which makes the tall claim of “eliminating your debt in nine years or less without spending any additional money.” You should know that devil is in the details, so get familiar with all the facts before buying this product or any insurance package.
Financial Plan Offers By Symmetry Financial Group:
As is the case with all the MLMs, this company also offers a compensation plan for its agents.
- They offer a 60% commission for the new insurance agents.
- Costs for all the meetings and presentations are on agents.
- They also encourage you to recruit other agents under you. You get a 15% commission on every sale made by your recruited agent.
- Pertinent to say that they don't offer a salary. If you do not make a sale, you won't earn anything. Keeping that in mind, your first few months with them would be very tough.
If you think that it would be very easy to start and make money by selling insurance just on the back of this company's goodwill, you're wrong.
Is Symmetry Financial Group A Pyramid Scheme?
When you read the reviews of this company on Glassdoor, you find that some of their former employees accuse them of being a pyramid scheme. The reason for their bitterness, it seems, is that those employees were not able to make any money by joining this company. And most of them actually lost their own money on presentations and meetings without making any sales, and the company didn't compensate them.
- Also, the general impression about the MLMs is that they are pyramid schemes.
- But I would say with surety that Symmetry Financial Group is NOT a pyramid scheme.
- They make most of their income by selling insurance and not by recruiting. They use recruiting to grow and increase sales and revenue.
- As I already said, this company is ranked among 5000 top companies by Inc. Magazine for the last five years, and there are also other accolades to their name, which is not possible to achieve for a pyramid scheme.
A pyramid scheme’s focus is usually recruiting and not selling the products or services that do not seem likely in this case. It is highly possible that you would not make any money by joining this company, but that alone does not make it a pyramid scheme.
Symmetry Financial Group: Legit Or A Scam:
I would say it straight that this company is not a scam.
- The founders of the company are well-known entrepreneurs. They don’t have any history of scamming people.
- I have seen some negative reviews on Glassdoor, but even they did not say that it’s a scam.
- It is regarded as one of the most successful growing companies, having partnerships with major insurance companies.
- They didn't show the cost it takes to join them, but they likely don't charge any money for starting as an insurance agent with them.
Whether you will make any money by joining this company or not; depends on many factors. But if you're interested in starting or growing your career as an insurance agent, you can take comfort in the fact that this company is not a scam.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
How Easy Is It To Make Money By Joining This Company?
Now comes the juicy part. Would you make any money by joining this company, or it's just a futile exercise? It depends on a lot of factors such as your tolerance level about taking the beating because it's possible that you actually lose money during the first few months instead of making any despite meetings, presentations, phone calls, and hard labor.
- I think, for most people, it's hard to make money as an insurance agent.
- If you’re new in this field, it would be harder for you to make sales; because of lack of experience and also that they don’t provide much training.
- The fact that you're working on commission and not on salary goes in both ways; either you make a lot of money or don't make even a dollar. Moreover, you have to bear the costs of meetings, presentations, and other things.
- People usually don't buy insurance easily; you have to convince them. That requires a lot of skill, talent, experience. You have to determine yourself, can you do it or not? It would be anything but easy.
- The current situation because of Coronavirus also made it hard to survive as an insurance agent and sell insurance packages.
I don't want to discourage you, but I also want to present the actual picture and not some pipedream. If you’re after easy and quick money, this thing is not for you.
Do I Recommend It?
If you're a newbie and want to start your career as an insurance agent, I would not recommend Symmetry Financial Group to you, and there are many reasons for that.
- This company doesn't provide dedicated, rigorous training for agents, making it hard for beginners to sell insurance policies.
- Usually, beginners don't have that much money at their hands to survive at their own money in the start without earning commissions or salary. But that's most likely in the case of Symmetry Financial Group.
- It will take years to make a good amount of money as an insurance agent, and I wouldn't say I like to suffer for years to get my hand on some money.
However, if you're an experienced insurance agent and have some investment and want to take the wholesaler or owner's path, I would say go ahead and test your luck. There's no guarantee that you will make money, but you have comparatively high chances of success.
If you want to make good money and do not give a hoot about the insurance, I can suggest to you the best way to make money online.
Yes, Show Me An Easy And Legit Way To Make Money:
I'm making 4-5 figures monthly income out of local lead generation, and I would say it's the easiest and most effective way to earn a boatload of money without working your fingers to the bone.
- It is the practice of attracting qualified leads for local businesses. They pay a good commission for that. It's performance-based work; the more leads you generate, the more money you make.
- I'm sure, as a newbie, it sounds intimidating to you, but I want to tell you that it's no rocket science. If I can do that, you can do that. Below I will tell you how.
- I use Facebook ads to attract the right leads for my clients.
Creating and running successful Facebook ad campaigns is not a walk in the park. I’ve seen a lot of people burn thousands of dollars without much gain. That’s because they don’t know how to do it. I would recommend you to join Local Marketing Vault.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
What Is Local Marketing Vault?
If you want to learn how to create profitable Facebook ads and converting sales funnels for lead generation, Local Marketing Vault is your best bet.
- It provides advanced training for attracting qualified leads.
- You learn all the ins and outs of this field.
- I’ve seen even the beginners are making 4-5 figures monthly income after completing the training and implementing the things they learned.
- You don't have to be a master marketer to make it; even newbies get successful.
- Along with training about Facebook ads and lead generation, they also provide free pre-made sales funnels. You can implement them as they are or tailor them according to your client’s business.
- The icing on the cake is a private Facebook group of over 5500 super-helpful marketers.
If you're really after making easy, legit, quick, and a truckload of money, Symmetry Financial Group would not do much good. You have to join the Local Marketing Vault. Check the Best Local Marketing Vault Review >>>
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here