PPC Vs SEO for new businesses – which one should you choose for lead generation?
PPC and SEO are two of the best digital marketing techniques in the world today. PPC or pay-per-click is a marketing model where the advertisers pay a small fee every time their ad is clicked. This way, PPC allows you to buy clicks or visits to your site instead of trying to earn those visits organically.
Conversely, SEO or search optimization is the process of optimizing your website by using precise word placement techniques in order to increase your site’s visibility for relevant internet searches. The better visibility your pages garner in the search results, the more your business will thrive.
A Direct Comparison
- Both PPC and SEO are great for promoting your online business. The main difference between these two services is that while SEO is used to generate organic traffic for almost nothing, PPC requires you to pay for each click your ad receives (as is implied by the name pay-per-clock).
In addition to this, there are a lot of other key areas where both these services can be compared to find out which one is superior to the other. Here we will take a look at how PPC and SEO perform in various marketing aspects to find out which one has an edge over the other.
Placement in the Search Results
- Placement in the search results is vital when it comes to business promotion. People are more likely to click on products or services that appear on the first page of the search results. If you use PPC and purchase an ad, it normally appears either at the top of the search results or at the bottom. This positioning is dependent on a variety of factors like the keywords that you are targeting within your ad, the keywords present in your ad copy, or the keywords that are present on your landing page.
Conversely, organic or SEO-based results can only appear in the middle of a search result page after the top ads. The middle position itself is dependent on how well you have optimized your website in terms of both off-site and on-site SEO.
- So, in summation, if you pay for your ad with PPC it has the potential of appearing at the top of the search results and is more likely to get clicked while if you use keyword optimization your link can only go as high as the middle of the page.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
- We mentioned above that SEO is a free mode of digital marketing and PPC is a paid one. While this might be true in the majority of cases, you need to understand the amount of hard work and effort that need to be put into making an SEO marketing campaign successful. In the world of today, there is high competition for almost every keyword. Because of that, the importance of having a high-quality SEO site is paramount. So, if you are someone who has no knowledge about SEO or how keyword optimization works, you can always hire an SEO expert to do this for you.
On the other hand, the cost of a PPC campaign depends on a variety of factors. For instance, if we talk about Google Ads which is the most popular PPC system, the cost is dependent on factors like the popularity of your keyword, the number of associated websites that can display your ad, and the number of advertisers who are interested in using the same keyword. The main benefit of PPC is that you have to pay only if your ad gets clicks which also allows you to determine your daily budget in advance.
- In conclusion, both PPC and SEO are essential tools for your online marketing campaign. If you have just started your business then we recommend you choose PPC for growing your business. PPC provides you with a surefire way of getting better and faster results. PPC also helps you in getting a better position in the search results. Even if you are an SEO expert and use it effectively your site will always be lower than a PPC ad.
Furthermore, PPC has direct and upfront charges while SEO has indirect charges. For instance, if you use PPC you only have to pay if your ads get clicked whereas if you are using SEO and want to get onto the top page of the search results you might have to hire an SEO expert. All these factors and more make PPC a better choice for your online marketing campaign.
If you are looking to enhance your PPC skills to grow your business and make it a success you can join the Local Marketing Vault program today.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here