Everything you need to know about Matt Smith net worth
Matt Smith is a famous English actor. In a career of over 16 years, Matt has featured in multiple renowned movies and TV series. His most memorable role is the eleventh incarnation of the Doctor in the famous BBC Doctor Who TV series. Matt Smith has gained worldwide recognition and earned critical acclaim for playing the role of young Prince Philip in The Crown, a Netflix series. He has a net worth of $9 million. Listed below are some interesting facts about the English heartthrob.
Early Life and Career
- Mathew Robert Smith was born on 28th October 1982 in Northampton, Northamptonshire. He attended the Northampton School for Boys.
- Growing up, Matt was passionate about football. He wanted to play football at a professional level, but due to a major back injury, he could not pursue a career in football.
- In 2005, he graduated from the University of East Anglia. He majored in Drama and Creative Writing.
- He began his acting career in 2006. After undertaking some minor television characters, in 2009, he was cast as the 11th Doctor in the popular British sci-fi TV series Doctor Who. It was his first breakthrough role that earned him global fame.
- At the age of 26, Matt is the youngest actor who has played the iconic role of Dr. Who.
- His outstanding performance as young Prince Philip in the Netflix royal drama The Crown earned him a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
- Matt again gripped the hearts of audiences by playing the role of Daemon Targaryen in the popular series House of the Dragon.
What Inspires Matt?
- Since childhood, Matt Smith wanted to follow in his grandfather's footsteps and play football professionally. However, life had other plans for him. After initial hesitation, he polished his acting skills and decided to pursue a career in TV drama. Now, he is one of the most established and bankable British actors.
- Matt has an impressive net fortune of $9 million. He admits that he takes a lot of inspiration from the fictional character of Dr. Who whenever he is faced with a precarious situation. He has become more patient and believes in always giving people a chance.
- Portraying the iconic role of Dr. Who brought Matt Smith fame and fortune. According to sources, he earned a whopping $825,000 from this role.
- In The Crown, he convincingly played the young and charming Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. It is reported that he received a handsome fee of $52,000 per episode.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here