Everything you need to know about Joe Rogan Net Worth
Joseph James Rogan is a comedian, podcaster and he was also a UFC color commentator, Joseph is a former actor and Tv presenter. His comedy career started sometime in August of 1988. He started his career in Boston in 1988 and relocated to Los Angeles in 1994. He appeared as an actor and television presenter in many tv shows. He has an estimated net worth of $ 70 million as of 2021. Here are some interesting facts about his life and how he has paved the way to success.
Early Life and Career
- Joseph James Rogan was born on August 11th, 1967, in Newark, New Jersey. He is an Italian and Irish descendant. His father was a police officer and has now retired. His parents got divorced when he was just five years old and have not heard from his father ever since he was 5 years old. They moved around a lot before settling in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts.
- He graduated from high school in 1985. Then he went to the University of Massachusetts Boston, before calling it quits soon.
- Soon after dropping out of university, he moved to New York.
- He used to play martial arts as a teenager long before people considered it a sport. This helped him boost his confidence a lot. It was a very hard and challenging sport but excelling in it proved fruitful for him.
- He knew that he might have a future in it so he pursued it and won a US championship in taekwondo in the lightweight division.
- He was the champion for four years straight.
- He retired at the age of 21 as an amateur kickboxer.
- In his early UFC days, he began training jiu-jitsu in 1996. Today he is a black belt. He never competed in the UFC but he can hold his own.
He had no intention of starting his career as a stand-up comedian after starting as a kickboxer. He was a fan of comedy shows ever since he was a young kid. Richard Proyor was his favorite. His close friends and his friends at his taekwondo gym insisted that he started his career as a stand-up comedian after he would make them laugh with his jokes.
- He spent approximately 6 months trying to perform his dialogue delivery and after that, he had his first show in 1988 at an open mic clubhouse in Boston.
- He worked at his stand-up comedy to make it better and in the meantime had a few jobs up the sleeve that would help him financially.
- People consider his comedy style as blue comedy, this is what earned him his spot at strip clubs and bachelor parties.
- At one show he met a talent manager who agreed to become his manager.
- He relocated to Los Angeles where his first television show went on air. The network offered him a three-year executive contract. He got his first major acting role in 1994 in a sitcom.
- Joe got married to Jessica Ditzel in 2009. Like Joe, Jessica's father was also a comedian.
- She is working as a Tv producer currently.
- Joe and Jessica have three children together. Two together and one from Jessica's previous relationship that Joe has now legally adopted.
- Joe bought an 8,720 square foot house in Bell Canyon, California. It cost around $4.95 million dollars.
- Recently he talked about moving to Texas, if he did it would save him millions of dollars as Texas is a tax-free state whereas California is the highest in the whole country.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids and husband to 1 awesome wife.
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2020 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here