Everything you need to know about 50 Cent Net Worth
Curtis James Jackson III who is known as 50 Cent is an American rapper, songwriter, television producer, actor, and entrepreneur. He is known for having an impact on the hip-hop industry. He began his music career at a young age. He became a bestselling rapper in a very short time. He has a net worth of $33 million as of 2021. Here’s how he did it and gained fame.
Early Life and Career
- 50 Cent was born on July 6, 1975, in Queens, New York City. His mom was a drug dealer and was murdered when he was 8 years old. He started selling drugs when he was just 12 years old and after a lot of hustle he started making music sometime in 2000 he recorded a whole album with Columbia Records but days before the release of the album he was shot and it never got released. He sustained multiple injuries from that accident as he was shot 10 times in different parts of his body along with his face, he still has a slur when he speaks and a scar on his face. Nobody ever got to find out the real reason behind the attack.
- In 2002 when he released his compilation album he was discovered by Eminem. With the help of Dr. Dre and Eminem, he became one of the best-selling rappers of his time. He had critical and commercial success on his second album, he underwent musical changes in his fifth album and is currently working on his sixth album.
- He executively produced and starred in the television series Power. Along with that, he had a joint venture deal with Dr. Dre.
Rapping Career and other ventures
- 50 kept on making music and selling it, people grew so fond of him that he sold more than 50 million records but he also noticed that each album got harder and harder to sell. So he thought of pursuing other careers as well such as acting and invested in other businesses on the side.
- He has appeared in 25 films over the years. He got a 10% stake from vitamin water before Coca-Cola bought it which gave 50 a total of $100 million in total.
- Despite all of his success, he hit rock bottom in 2015 when he filed for bankruptcy. Rich people use this as an option to hit the restart button again. But shortly after his public bankruptcy, he signed $150 million to produce the popular TV series Power.
- He has a dozen other businesses and ventures, not many people know about it. He signed a $78 million deal with a luxury underwear brand.
50 is constantly diversifying his businesses and investing in them to generate more revenue out of them. He is involved in a lot of vast fields such as music, acting, media management, talent management, television production, fashion, apparel, footwear, fragrances, liquor, mobile applications, health, fitness, headphones, supplements for dieting, real estate investments and more.
- 50 Cent has two sons, Marquise Jackson and Sire Jackson aged 22 and 7 respectively. He has a good co-parenting relationship with Sire’s mother, unlike Marquise.
- He does not have a relationship with his eldest son although he was very affectionate towards him and even had his name tattooed on his bicep things didn't work out in their favor. His relationship with his son got affected after he filed a lawsuit against Marquises’ mother. 50 wanted to have a healthy relationship with his son because he never got one with his father.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here