Here's my honest Poshmark review: is it a legitimate e-commerce platform or a scam?
Poshmark is a social E-commerce platform that claims to offer you free listings to sell your products and earn a lot of money. Is Poshmark really the best way to earn money online, or is it just another hyped-up scam? Read my review on Poshmark to know more.
This review is my professional and unbiased opinion about Poshmark. I don't have any affiliation with this program. I am writing this review with the sole purpose of helping my readers stay away from fraudulent online programs. Therefore, I will not receive any profit if you decide to invest in this program.
What Is Poshmark?
- Poshmark is a type of social e-commerce platform for shoes, accessories, and clothes. You can open up your own e-commerce store on Poshmark and shop for items posted by other sellers.
By registering on Poshmark and using their tools and services, your products can be viewed by millions of buyers.
- Poshmark is a US-based startup that was founded in 2011 in Redwood City, California. It was regarded as a novel idea and supported by several venture capitalists. It raised over $160 million as venture capital. Forbes named it a Next Billion Dollar Startup in 2018.
The US eCommerce market is valued at $600 billion by some experts. Poshmark might be a small part of this vast market, but as the demand for cheap items is constantly increasing, Poshmark is continuing to attract buyers and sellers to its platform.
How Does This System Work?
- Poshmark has one of the most straightforward systems that aims to facilitate both the buyer and the seller. To sell something, simply take a few good pictures of the items and upload them to your Poshmark closet. Remember to add an accurate description and set a price. You can do all this using your cell phone too!
Once you’ve uploaded and posted a listing price, you can start sharing it on your social media pages for other users to find your items. The more you share, the more people can see it, thus increasing the opportunity for a successful sale. Once you have a buyer with a payment, you’ll receive a postage-paid shipping label to dispatch the items.
- If the sale is above $15, then Poshmark earns a 20% commission. Once you have successfully dispatched the goods, your funds will be credited to your Poshmark account.
Similarly, the purchase process on Poshmark is relatively simple and secure. Poshmark Closets and Users are allowed to sell both new and used items. Several fashion brands like Nike, Michael Kors, etc., have their official closets on Poshmark.
- To buy something, simply navigate to the item page and click on the Buy Now button. Next, select a payment method if you don’t have a balance in your Poshmark account. After entering your payment details, click on Submit Order. You’ll be able to review details about your order and then purchase it.
What Are Users Offered?
Poshmark offers users a unique platform to sell their products. It offers a creative way to allow people to dispose of their unwanted clothing without any concern. Some Poshmark users have built their own brands and boutiques.
- Poshmark often talks about its successful users as a source of inspiration for other users. The first Poshmark millionaire is Suzanne Canon. She is a 39-year-old mother of two. She started selling old clothes and now has expanded her business to include wholesale clothing, thus making a lucrative income every month.
Hayles Hanger is a famous and successful Poshmark seller. She offers numerous deals to users and bargains with sellers.
- Ashley B, 32, works in Houston. She joined Poshmark to buy and sell clothes. In less than a month, she became a part of the top 10% sellers on Poshmark. Poshmark is now her primary source of livelihood.
What Is The Cost Of Poshmark?
There is no cost to use Poshmark. Anyone can sign-up and list their items for sale for free. If the total sale is above $15, then Poshmark charges a 20% commission. If the sale is below $15, then there is a fixed fee of $2.95, which is charged to the seller.
Poshmark also offers the following free services to sellers on its platform:
- Postage paid shipping label
- Credit cards payment processing
- Posh protect buyer protection and advanced customer support
- Automatic deduction and processing of sales tax.
What Did I Like And Dislike About Poshmark?
- Listing items on Poshmark is a relatively simple and quick process. I’ve used Mercari, and I think Poshmark has a more streamlined process. The shipping process is also user-friendly. There is no need to worry about calculating shipping dimensions and weight, as Poshmark takes care of all this for the users. Poshmark creates a pre-paid shipping label that users can use for dispatching their products.
Poshmark also does not have any listing fees and has a large number of active users. This means that if you employ the right strategies, your items will be sold hassle-free. As Poshmark is a social E-commerce platform, you can also build relationships with buyers and sellers instead of having a one-sided business deal. Poshmark offers email and pushes notifications that inform users of important updates, such as the successful sales of products.
- Poshmark recommends that users have 30 top-notch and good-quality items in their listings to expect a good return and a good audience reach.
There are some things I did not like about Poshmark. The first is a high commission charged from the sellers. Poshmark claims that its fees are there to maintain the high-quality standards of its platform.
- The second thing I disliked about Poshmark is that in order to be a successful seller, one needs to be socially active on this platform. You need to list many items and then share them on various social media platforms. In other words, you have to work for lead generation. On the Poshmark platform, you have to interact with other buyers, like and follow content, and attend Posh Parties. This is the only way to attract a large audience to your listings and expect a good sale.
Poshmark also has restrictions set in place for what users can sell. If you want to sell something other than shoes, accessories, clothes, and a few household items, you must find another E-commerce platform.
Is Poshmark A Scam?
- In my opinion, Poshmark is not a scam. It is entirely possible to make money using Poshmark. However, it will require a significant amount of time and effort. You might have to wait for months before your first sale and continue working harder until your store attracts attention regularly.
There is a lot of front-end work without any guarantee of success. Thousands of sellers on Poshmark have failed to achieve that level of success. If you work hard for a few months and, in the end, earn around $3k – $5k, then it is not really worth it. For this reason, I will not recommend Poshmark, if you are looking for a robust source of income.
- If you want to earn a regular 4-5 figure income from the comfort of your home, then keep on reading below.
My Top Recommendation for Making Money Online in 2022
The main reason why I do not recommend Poshmark is that there are many reliable and better ways of earning money online.
- Based on my experience, I want to share something that has done wonders for me. It is local lead generation and Pay Per Click advertising (PPC). I have been using these two systems for quite some time now, and my earnings have considerably grown.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
Like everyone else, I was also interested in making money online. I was often the victim of online scams and get-rich-quick schemes. I invested a lot of money which then got lost as most online programs did not offer a good return on investment. My life and luck turned around when I learned about PPC and local lead generation.
Let me share my experience with you:
- I have been using local lead generation and PPC for over 15 years. I help local businesses in my area get new leads using Facebook Ads and PPC. I charge a commission based on the new leads generated.
- Based on my efforts, I am able to earn a 4-5 figure monthly income comfortably.
- This might seem like a simple way to earn money, but it requires many skills and experience.
- I highly recommend taking a PPC and local lead generation learning course before you decide to earn money using this method. One of the best courses is offered by Local Marketing Vault.
What Is Local Marketing Vault?
Local Marketing Vault offers specialized training and learning courses for PPC advertising and local lead generation. I highly recommend Local Marketing Vault due to the following reasons:
- They have a hands-on approach to learning these new skills. They ask you to design and execute campaigns. You learn by doing the work instead of listening to lectures and reading content.
- You gain membership to an exclusive 5500+ member group on Facebook that offers you round-the-clock advice and guidance.
- They offer you pre-designed and customizable sales funnels that you can use for generating new leads.
- You get to learn about keyword research, keyword bidding, and various forms of advertising strategies that can help you execute the best campaign.
I have yet to come across a course that offers more skills and experience than the one provided by Local Marketing Vault. After you complete the course, you get to be a part of the Local Marketing Vault family, where support is always offered. If you are interested in a no-strings-attached legit monthly income, then taking the PPC learning course with Local Marketing Vault is the right decision for you.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here