Everything you need to know about Ryan Serhant Net Worth
Ryan Mathew Serhant is an American author, real estate broker, and television personality who has a net worth of $30 million as of March 2021. He currently stars in Million Dollar Listing New York, a television series on Bravo. He also stars in the spin-off series Sell it Like Serhant. In addition to his television appearances, he also runs a New York real estate firm and contributes regularly as a writer on Forbes’.
Here are some more interesting facts about the extravagant life of Ryan Serhant.
Early Life and Education
- Ryan Mathew Serhant was born in Houston, Texas on July 2nd,1984. Serhant was raised in Topsfield, Massachusetts. While living on the North Shore of Massachusetts, he attended Pingree School. Serhant was taught about the virtues of hard work at a young age by his father John Serhant, who was the Vice Chairman of Senate Street Global Advisors. Serhant spent most of his summers with his family in Colorado where he followed his passion for arts and theatre. This passion is why he attended Perry-Mansfield Performing Arts School & Camp.
After Finishing school, Serhant attended Hamilton College where he double-majored in theatre and English literature. During his time at Hamilton College, he was also a part of their Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity. After finishing his double major, Serhant moved to New York in 2006 to pursue a career in acting.
Beginning His Modeling and Acting Career
- After moving to New York, Serhant spent a year participating in stock photo shoots to pay his rent. In 2007, he landed his first acting gig as Evan Walsh on the popular soap opera As the World Turns. Serhant did not get any major roles or success after his soap opera appearance and in 2008 he started doing hand modeling. During his stint as a Hand Model, he posed for products like Nespresso pods and AT&T phones. But after half a year he redirected his attention to real estate.
Going Back to Real Estate
Serhant ventured into the New York real estate market after the Lehman Brothers Bankruptcy. He initially started working in real estate as a way to support himself while he continued auditioning for acting roles. During his first year in real estate, he managed to earn a measly $9,000 but after years of hard work and perseverance, he closed his first major sale of approximately $8.5 million. By 2012, he was ranked number 15 among the top 100 most successful real estate agents in New York.
Gaining Popularity as a Top Rated Real Estate Agent
- Serhant was hired by Nest Seekers International in 2008 and quickly became the company’s executive vice president and managing director. In 2012, he started his own brokerage team called the Serhant Team which consisted of 60 employees and operated in all the top cities of the United States.
After closing various sales ranging in the high millions, Serhant’s team set a plethora of price-per-square-footage records across Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Long Island. In 2018, his team closed $838 million worth of real estate sales in Manhattan alone. The Serhant Team has accumulated $1.4 billion in total transactions.
- On September 15th, 2020 he started his own real estate firm by the name SERHANT. This firm has quickly become one of the leading and most successful real estate firms in America.
- In addition to real estate, Serhant is a regular fixture of the hit reality show Million Dollar Listings New York and stars in his own spin-off series called Sell it Like Serhant. He also made his movie debut in 2014 when he co-starred in the film “When We’re Young”.
In addition to acting, Serhant has written two books. His first book named Sell it Like Serhant: How to Sell More, Earn More and Become the Ultimate Sales Machine became a best seller on the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and Wall Street Journal. His second book Big Money Energy was released on February 2nd, 2021.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here