Everything you need to know about Rhys Ifan net worth
Rhys Ifan is a Welsh actor and musician. He was a part of the music band Super Furry Animals, which toured Europe for the promotion and renaissance of Welsh music during the 1990s. He started his acting career in a children’s TV show called Spatz. After that, Ifan starred with his younger brother Llyr Ifans in the British comedy-drama movie Twin Town. Ifan gained worldwide recognition through his role in Notting Hill, which also cast renowned actors such as Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant.
Over the years, Ifan has been cast in supporting roles for multiple high-profile movies. In Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, he played the role of Xenophilius Lovegood. In The Amazing Spider-Man, he portrayed the negative character of Dr. Curt Connors, aka The Lizard. In the Sherlock Holmes Elementary series, Ifan essayed the role of Mycroft Holmes, the elder brother of Sherlock Holmes. In 2022, he was cast as Otto Hightower in the popular HBO production House of The Dragon.
In a career of 30 years, Ifan has amassed an impressive wealth of $12.5 million. Listed below are some interesting facts about Rhys Ifan.
Early Life and Career
- Rhys Owain Evans was born on July 22, 1967, in Haverfordwest, Wales.
- Ifan studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama. He took acting classes at Theatr Clwyd in Mold to polish his craft.
- Ifan has impressive theatre credits to his name. At Theatr Clwyd, he appeared in the play Hamlet. At the Regent’s Park Theatre, Ifan participated in the play A Midsummer’s Night Dream. In 2003, he appeared in the play ‘Accidental Death of an Anarchist.’
- In the TV industry, Ifan has worked in both BBC and Hollywood productions. He played the role of CIA case officer Hector DeJean in the espionage thriller series Berlin Station.
- Ifan has garnered much praise for his portrayal of Otto Hightower in the House of Dragons, A Game of Thrones prequel.
- In 2005, Ifan received a BAFTA award for his portrayal of Peter Cook in the movie ‘Not Only But Always.’
- Ifan has received an honorary fellowship from Bangor University in North Wales. The fellowship was presented to honor his services to the entertainment industry.
Ifan wears multiple hats. He is a musician and has worked in the TV, theatre, and movie industries. Due to his hard work, he has made an impressive fortune of $12.5 million. His monthly income is estimated at $83,000.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here