I recently watched an episode of Impact Theory and saw Brendon Burchard on it! He had a lot of cool stuff to say and so I started taking notes. I came away with some great gems that I'd like to share with you so keep reading!
- “Your life is a series of actions that you initiate or don’t initiate. And your thoughts are gonna control that roadmap. And so, how are you using your mind today to either make yourself feel great or not?”
- “Most people don’t have a calendar. That’s problem number one. They’re not strategically blocking time, moving towards the major things they want in their life. They won’t say they’re going through the motions, but the calendar [or lack thereof] reveals it.”
- “The world completely underestimates the power of visualization.”
- “I love guilt. Guilt is a tool. Guilt is a weapon. To me, guilt is a signal for learning.”
- “Emotion is not something you have; it is something you generate.”
- “You have to learn to own your ambition; speak of the ambition; chase the ambition; drive the ambition; and lead the ambition. The further you are from your ambitions, the more miserable you are. And most people don’t even look at their goals every day.”
- “You have to have daily intention and habit tracking. You can’t leave your personal development to randomness.”
Brendon’s wisdom really gave me a fresh perspective on life. I feel so much more motivated and empowered and I hope you do too!