Everything you need to know about Mike Tyson Net Worth
Mike Tyson is a very famous heavyweight champion of the world. He is a professional boxer who was seen on tv screens around the world from 1985-2005. He is considered to be one of the greatest boxers of his time, loved by millions of fans from around the world. During his career, there were several nicknames that were given to him like Kid Dynamite and Iron Mike. During his 20-year-old career, he made more than $400 million but it is reportedly told that by the time he was 40 years old he was in a $45 million debt which he slowly paid off. He has an estimated net worth of $7 million as of 2021. Here are some interesting facts about him.
Early Life and Career
- Micheal Gerard Tyson was born in Fort Greene, Brooklyn, New York on June 30th, 1966. He has an older brother and a sister who passed away when she was just 24 years old. Mike’s father was from Jamaica as is mentioned on his birth certificate.
- He didn't know his biological father but the father he knew was from North Carolina. The family lived in Brooklyn until they were burdened financially and were forced to move to Brownsville.
- Six years later his mother passed away leaving sixteen-year-old Tyson in the hands of a boxing manager who would be his legal guardian as there was no one else around to take care of him.
- He was crushed emotionally as he knew that his mother never lived a happy life and he wanted to change that for himself.
- Throughout his childhood, he spent his time in neighborhoods that had a high rate of crime. He was repeatedly involved in petty crimes. He spent a lot of time in and out of prison. By the age of 13, he had been arrested 38 times for different charges.
- He was taken to juvenile where a former boxer and juvenile manager recognized his emerging boxing ability and didn't let that go to waste. He slowly trained to become a fighter.
- His early career in boxing started when he became a gold medalist in the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympics.
- His first step into a professional career was when he stepped into the ring as an 18-year-old in New York with Hector Mercedes and defeated him in the first round of TKO.
Finding success in boxing
After climbing the first step to success there was a setback in Tyson’s life after he got to know that his surrogate father and trainer died of pneumonia. He was taken over by another trainer and Tyson continued to climb his stairs towards success. At this point, there was no stopping him from achieving greatness.
- Tyson never really addressed the death of the person who mattered most to him and played a vital role in building a career for him.
- By the time it was 1986 he had made a healthy career for himself in boxing. From the 21 fights that he played he lost none of them and was soaring to success.
- When he was just 20 years old he surpassed the record of becoming the youngest heavyweight champion in history.
Career Trails and problems
- There was a setback in his career when he was accused of raping a Miss Black America contestant but after a year of trial and proceedings, he was found guilty and was sent to prison effective immediately.
- He did not take his sending off to prison very well and got into an argument with a guard on the 15th day.
- While he was imprisoned he changed his faith and converted to Islam. He changed his name to Malik Abdul Aziz.
- He spent 3 years in prison and after that he was released. Upon hearing the news of his release he thought about starting his boxing career again.
- Mike has faced many challenges in his life and has some important lessons for youngsters that what goes up fast comes down fast as well so whatever you do in life stay focused.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids and husband to 1 awesome wife.
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2020 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here