Everything you need to know about Mariah Carey Net Worth
Mariah Carey is a singer, songwriter, producer, and actress. She is known for her 5-octave vocal range, melismatic singing style, and signature use of the whistle register. She is known as the Songbird Supreme and Queen of Christmas Her first album was released under the Guidance of Columbia records which raised her to fame in 1990. She has an estimated net worth of $505 million as of 2021. Let us take a dive into her life and the struggles she faced to achieve what she has.
Early Life and Career
- Mariah Carey was born on 27th March 1969 in Huntington, New York, USA. Her mother was a former opera singer and a vocal coach descending from Ireland. After the divorce of her parents, she hardly met her father and her mother did several jobs to support their family. She used to spend most of her time at home which led her to start singing at the age of 3.
- While she was in school she excelled in arts such as music and literature due to which she started writing poetry. Soon after she started vocal training under the guidance of her mother. Her mother, being an opera singer, never pressured her to become an opera singer.
- She moved to NY soon after and started working on many different odd jobs to pay rent, alongside she completed 500 hours at a beauty school.
- In 1988 she accompanied a singer to a record executives gala and handed her demo tape to the head of Columbia Records. He listened to the tape on his way back and loved it so much he searched for her for the next 2 weeks.
- Columbia records spent at least $ 1 million in promoting the first debut album of Mariah Carey. When the album was released it topped Billboard 200 and she won her first two Grammy awards as well, for best new artist and Best female vocal pop performance.
Personal and Professional struggles
- Mariah Carey received two awards and parted ways with Columbia Records in April 2001.
- On July 26th she was hospitalized for extreme exhaustion, physical and emotional breakdown. She remained in doctor care for two weeks which was followed by an extended absence from the public.
- Meanwhile, she had signed with Virgin records earlier who delayed the release of the album glitter but when it was released later it was one of her lowest-selling tracks.
- The subject of the majority of Carey’s lyrics is love although she has also written about spirituality, race, and abuse.
- Her songwriting progressed over the years and it became more meaningful and mature. She explained in an interview that she is too overwhelmed to express her passion in her songs.
Voice and Timbre
- Carey possesses a five-octave vocal range which means that she has the ability to reach notes beyond the seventh octave.
- Due to which it is known as the “Songbird Supreme” by the Guinness Book of records.
- Her name is in the list of the 22 best sounding people in the music industry according to blender magazine countdown.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here