Forgiving yourself isn’t easy. A lot of people struggle at forgiving themselves, and it takes them years to do so. However, once you have forgiven yourself and gotten over the negative feelings that you may have in your heart for yourself, only then you will be able to move forward with your life.
Forgiving yourself will replace all your feelings of anger towards yourself to love and compassion. So, if you want to learn some self-forgiveness, then you should check out the following self-forgiveness quotes.
- “It’s toughest to forgive ourselves. So it’s probably best to start with other people. It’s almost like peeling an onion. Layer by layer, forgiving others, you really do get to the point where you can forgive yourself.” Patty Duke
- “Silently repeat to yourself: I forgive myself for any ways in which I knowingly or unknowingly caused hurt or harm to any living being or creature. I forgive all who have ever hurt or harmed me. Everything between us is now cleared up.” Michael Beckwith
- “You need to learn to accept your flaws and forgive yourself.” Susan Mallery
- “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself. If we don’t have that we never grow, we never learn, and sure as hell, we should never teach.” Maya Angelou
- “Forgive yourself. The supreme act of forgiveness is when you can forgive yourself for all the wounds you’ve created in your own life. Forgiveness is an act of self-love. When you forgive yourself, self-acceptance begins and self-love grows.” Miguel Angel Ruiz
- “Never forget that to forgive yourself is to release trapped energy that could be doing good work in the world.” D. Patrick Miller
- “I think one of the most important things is starting off the day forgiving others and forgiving yourself. You learn from your mistakes, but I don’t think you have to drag them back into today.” Joel Osteen
- “Forgive yourself, you are not perfect. Show yourself grace; you are still learning. Show yourself patience; you are on a journey.” Shannon Yvette Tanner
- “You can sit there forever, lamenting about how bad you’ve been, feeling guilty until you die, and not one tiny slice of that guilt will do anything to change a single thing in the past. Forgive yourself, then move on!” Wayne Dyer
- “We all make mistakes, don’t we? But if you can’t forgive yourself, you’ll always be an exile in your own life.” Curtis Sittenfeld
- “The burden of regret can weigh us down heavily on our spiritual journey. The best way to release regret is to forgive ourselves.” James Van Praagh
- “He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Ask God for forgiveness. Seek forgiveness from those you have wronged. Forgive those who have wronged you. Forgive yourself.” C. Scott Grow
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here