Everything you need to know about Drake Net Worth
Aubrey Drake Graham popularly known as Drake is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, record label artist, and entrepreneur. He first started gaining fame from appearing in a television series sometime in 2001. Later he started releasing his mixtapes and became more fond of music and rapping. His first debut album was released in 2010 which proved to be fruitful for him. He has an estimated net worth of $150 million as of 2021. Here are some interesting facts about him.
Early Life and Career
- Drake was born on 24th October 1986 in Toronto, Canada. His father worked as a drummer with a very famous artist whereas his mother was a teacher and a florist who worked very hard to earn money. His father is an African American which is why he has dual citizenship in America as well as Canada. He attended a Jewish school because of his Jewish mother.
- When he was just 5 years old his parents got divorced. He stayed with his mother in Canada whereas his father moved to Memphis after the divorce. His father had very limited finances and restrictions that is why he couldn't fly out of the United States until Drake was an adult.
- He moved around two different neighborhoods until settling in Forest Hill in 2000. He now says that it was something that they could afford at that time. It wasn't less nor was it more. It was sufficient to fulfill their needs.
- After getting enrolled in college he started to build an affinity for arts and music. He was bullied a lot at school and because of that pressure he dropped out of school and later went back graduating in 2012.
- Drake self-released his first debut album in 2006.
The son of a very famous record label owner discovered Drake on Myspace. Jas was friends with Lil Wayne at that time and helped introduce Drake to him. He played a few songs of Drake to him. At first, he was not impressed by Drake's songs but later he played a remix of one of Lil Wayne's songs which caught his attention.
- After that introduction, they flew out to meet Drake the next day and from there Drake’s career went skyrocketing. He has earned millions of dollars as a musician.
- His first debut album became so famous that it topped all the charts and eventually became platinum. He has been topping all the charts and making millions of dollars as a musician ever since.
- Drake made a little website that would highlight all the famous music in Toronto called OVO, little did he know that it would later become a lifestyle brand. He launched his own clothing line, music festival, and record label from there.
- Along with being a rapper, Drake is also an entrepreneur. He has his own whiskey brand. On the launch of the whiskey, he sold more than 1700 bottles the first day.
- Drake is also the global ambassador of the Toronto Raptors which is his hometown NBA team.
- Drake currently lives in California but owns multiple estates in Toronto as well. He has his own airplane called Air Drake which costs around $185 million as of 2021.
- He has a son named Adonis with a French artist.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids and husband to 1 awesome wife.
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2020 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here