All you need to know about David Thewlis Net Worth
David Thewlis is an English actor, director, screenwriter, and author. Since childhood, Thewlis was inclined towards the world of art and entertainment. In 1993, he got his big break in the movie ‘Naked’ for which he won the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor. Thewlis has starred in multiple commercially successful movies, such as the Harry Potter franchise, Enola Holmes 2, and The Wonder Woman.
Thewlis has also contributed to the television industry. He has been a part of multiple popular TV series, the most notable of which are Fargo, Human Resources, Dinotopia, and Landscapers. Currently, he is playing the role of John Dee in the popular Netflix Drama The Sandman.
Thewlis has 104 known acting credits. He has been a part of the entertainment industry for three decades. Through his hard work and dedication, he has amassed an impressive net worth of $0.8 million.
Early Life and Career
- David Thewlis was born on March 20, 1963, in Blackpool.
- He received his primary education at Highfield High School in Blackpool. Later, he graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
- Since childhood, Thewlis has been interested in the performing arts. During his teenage years, he played for a rock band called QED.
- His breakthrough role in the movie Naked brought him multiple accolades and acclaim from fans and critics.
- In 1993, he was cast in the TV series Prime Suspect 3 opposite Helen Mirren and Ciaran Hinds. He convincingly played the role of a sexual predator.
- In 2004, he was cast in the role of Professor Remus Lupin in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Thewlis reprised his role in four other movies of the Harry Potter franchise.
- Thewlis has been a part of multiple successful movies, which include The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, Kingdom of Heaven, The New World, The Lady, Regression, Macbeth, etc.
- For his performance in the popular comedy-drama series Fargo, Thewlis was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award, Critics’ Choice Television Award, and Golden Globe Award as a supporting actor.
- In 1995, Thewlis made his directorial debut with Hello, Hello, Hello. The project earned him a BAFTA nomination for Best Short Film Award.
What Inspires David Thewlis?
David Thewlis is passionate about his work. In his own words: “When you do something well, this is the best job in the world.”
David enjoys acting because it allows him to explore different roles and characters.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here