Everything you need to know about Charles Dance net worth
Charles Dance is a top-class English actor, movie director, and screenwriter. He has featured in more than 40 movies and numerous drama series. His impressive screen presence, deep voice, suave yet formidable personality, and towering height of 1.91m make him ideal for playing authoritarian and sometimes villainous characters. Dance has featured in multiple high-profile movies. Some of his most memorable roles include Sardo Numspa in The Golden Child (1986), Dr. Jonathan Clemens in Alien 3 (1992), Benedict in Last Action Hero (1993), and Master Vampire in Dracula Untold (2014).
He earned critical acclaim for playing the role of ruthless Tywin Lannister in the popular American fantasy series, Game of Thrones. In addition, Dance's convincing portrayal of the formidable Lord Mountbatten in The Crown, a Netflix drama series, brought him much praise and earned him a Primetime Emmy Award nomination.
Charles Dance has a net worth of $10 million. His monthly salary is estimated at $5,000. Listed below are some interesting facts about this veteran celebrity.
Early Life and Career
- Walter Charles Dance came into this world on October 10, 1946. He was born in Redditch, Worcestershire, and attended the Widely Technical School for Boys. For higher education, he attended Plymouth College of Art. He studied graphic design and photography at De Montfort University.
- Dance wanted to pursue a career in photography. However, he soon discovered his talent and passion for acting and, in 1974, made his acting debut as Commandant Neil O'Brien in The Secret Garden, an ITV series.
- After that, he worked in several movies and TV series. In 1984, he played the role of Guy Perron in the acclaimed TV series, The Jewel in the Crown. This was his breakthrough role which earned him much fame and praise.
- In 2004, he made his debut as a screenwriter and director through Ladies in Lavender, a British drama film. Prominent actresses such as Judi Dench and Maggie Smith were cast as the main lead.
Charles Dance's Accolades
Charles Dance is one of the most seasoned British actors who has made his mark in both the British and American entertainment industries. In a career spanning 48 years, he has earned multiple awards and accolades.
- To honor his services for the British entertainment industry, Dance was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on June 17, 2006.
- Dance has been nominated for three Primetime Emmys.
- He has won two Screen Actors Guild Awards and one Critics' Choice Movie Award.
- In 2005, he was bestowed with A Lifetime Achievement Award at the Palm Springs International Film Festival.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here