PPC is better than SEO? Having expertise in digital marketing is crucial for the success of any business in today’s day and age. There are multiple ways to market your product online. However, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click (PPC) are the two most sought-after techniques of digital marketing.
Both SEO and PPC work on different models for generating traffic and increasing online sales.
If you are the owner of a small business, you might be confused between PPC and SEO and which technique to opt for your business. We recommend PPC for small businesses. Reason? See yourself.
What is SEO?
- Search Engine Optimization is a digital marketing technique that involves ranking websites and webpages on the basis of optimized web content.
SEO is done by providing the search engines with optimized and search engine friendly content through the use of proper keywords and their placement in the web content.
- SEO drives natural or organic traffic to businesses.
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
- PPC is an internet marketing strategy in which businesses pay search engines to display their ads whenever a user makes a relevant search. PPC uses the platform of Google
AdWords for searchers to find your business ad. When a searcher clicks on your business ad, you pay the search engine. Hence the name: pay-per-click.
- Now that we have a basic understanding of both SEO and PPC, let us see how PPC is more beneficial for generating traffic and leads for small business owners.
Instant Results, Highly Rewarding
- SEO takes on an organic approach for traffic generation and requires optimized content through blogging, backlink building, and on-page optimization.
All these activities require time and effort. Even after all the effort, you have to wait patiently for the search engine to pick up your content and rank you higher in web searches.
- With PPC, you can get instant results. As soon as the PPC campaign kicks in, you will see an upward trend in traffic generation, number of clicks and conversions for your business.
Small businesses do not have the luxury of time and cannot afford to wait for their ranking to improve gradually.
PPC is Customizable
- Small business owners prefer to target customers who reside in their nearby locations. PPC allows you to target location-specific customers.
It does so by making use of location-based keywords. SEO targets customers on a broader level.
Along with location, you can also customize PPC for gender, age, type of gadget used, and language.
- The targeting potential of PPC is more versatile and advanced compared to SEO. This is especially beneficial for small businesses.
PPC Wins you Top Position
- PPC ads are always amongst the top search results. They have high visibility which increases their probability of getting clicked. A search engine displays PPC ads before SEO linked websites.
High visibility results in more clicks and more leads end up as conversions. The occupation of top positions by PPC ads is necessary for small businesses to run smoothly.
PPC Gives Control Over Budget
- PPC allows you to exercise control over your budget. With PPC, it is easy to accurately calculate the cash inflows and outflows. The Return on Investment for PPC is easy to comprehend.
This allows you to set a fixed budget for digital marketing and not go overboard with the money. The ROI for SEO is less predictable. With SEO you can easily get carried and spend more than initially intended.
Higher Business Efficiency With PPC
- SEO is a slow process and you can never achieve 100% efficiency. SEO is quite high-maintenance in the sense that it requires constant hard work to yield good results.
With PPC, you don't have to worry about the impact search engine algorithms can have on the position of your ad. PPC requires less effort and yields better results and higher business efficiency.
If you wish to master the Pay-Per-Click model of advertising, we recommend you to join the Local Marketing Vault Program. It is a top-notch program that teaches how to become a successful marketer with the PPC model.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here