It pains me to say that many small to medium businesses have been relatively slow to adopt online lead generation methods. It is not surprising though given the fact that most businesses are used to lead strategies like sweepstakes and contests.
Additionally, many of these businesses still believe that the only way to get new clients is to get leads through networking and referrals. These methods may have worked five years ago but in 2020, the world has changed a lot!
Many businesses and professionals are adopting new business development models and they are taking the lead by generating a significant flow of qualified leads to their respective companies.
To help you burst that bubble, I have listed down the 3 online lead generation techniques that are guaranteed to work if you play your cards right. At the end of this post, I’ll tell you my favorite and most preferred method along with resources that will help you in becoming the leading force in your industry.
So, let’s begin!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Although slow at showing good results, SEO has always been the forefront business development strategy for small and big businesses alike for years. This strategy works very well if you do the right things at the right time.
But since SEO can take a lot of time to get the desired results, many people are put off on the way. Some try to learn the various SEO tactics while others invest in outsourcing, but the end result is always unpredictable especially if you’re not aware of what goes into good search engine optimization.
- My advice is simple – have an SEO strategy in place for your services or products even if you are trying out different methods.
Online Marketing Videos
- The way we consume content has significantly changed in 2020 compared to what it was like 3-4 years ago. With YouTube and Facebook videos, many consumers are more used to watching video content as opposed to reading a lead generation page that spans a word wall.
The average internet consumer is becoming very picky. With so much content to consume on social media, it only takes a few seconds for them to scroll away from your message. But with a video, you can increase that time window by a good margin.
- While videos are a very good way to get your message across, it is tough to produce one. Not only it requires a significant cost to produce a professional video for your business, it will take a lot of effort on your part. For some individuals, this isn’t possible.
My advice is to blend written content with home-produced videos and images if you are an entrepreneur seeking to gain some leverage in your industry. Take your smartphone out and start shooting a video.
- Videos don’t have to look super professional to send out a message. Consumers only expect high-quality and well-made videos from big businesses. If you’re an entrepreneur or a small business that has recently started, a smartphone video is one of the best ways to get your message across and score quality leads.
Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- One of the fastest and most effective ways to generate quality leads is to invest in Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC), at least that is what I have learned over the past many years. For starters, PPC gives you the tools to laser target a potential lead with whatever you have to say.
PPC is fast, effective, and accessible and does not actually require you to shell out a fortune as opposed to professional video production. But I still see many entrepreneurs and small businesses avoiding this method.
- One of the reasons is that they are unable to create an effective advertisement or are not aware of the methods involved that get results.
If you’re one of these people, then you need to change the way you think and invest in some training. I too had my doubts before I started using PPC, but ever since I did, I have never gone back.
- I did have to go through a lot of training before I could actually come up with meaningful ads to push to my audience. But I don’t want you to go through the same process that I went through. If you’re ready to invest in PPC but don’t know where to begin, I recommend investing in Local Marketing Vault.
If you haven’t heard of this training program, don’t worry. I have personally used it and had significant results with the methods explained within the course. If you want to learn more about the LMV lead generation course, check my Local Marketing Vault Review here.
I can personally guarantee that if you go through the course and practice its methods, you will not only land clients faster, you’ll start seeing results immediately rather than later. You’ll have a complete blueprint laid in front of you to help you begin immediately.