How to play the right cards – PPC for new businesses
PPC or pay-per-click is a new and exciting marketing standard that was created for the sole purpose of expanding new businesses by helping them find new customers and clients for their products and services. However, a lot of new businesses fail to make an impact through their PPC marketing because of one reason or another. PPC can be a tricky marketing strategy that requires a level of understanding about the key concepts like laying down a strong foundation for your campaign, analyzing and properly defining your budgetary requirements, and constantly keeping an eye on your campaign and making changes as required.
For new businesses, PPC can often prove to be complex, competitive, and relatively expensive and because of these reasons many of these businesses fail to get any success through PPC. But luckily for you, there are strategies and techniques that can be implemented and put into place that can help growing businesses in competing with established companies by being a little smarter than them.
With that being said, here are some strategies that can be adapted to ensure that your PPC marketing campaign will be a raving success that will bring more customers to your new business;
Choose the Right Keywords
- Online PPC has the added benefit that almost anyone is able to launch an ad campaign. The way PPC works is that each time someone clicks on your ad you will have to pay a small fee. PPC advertising can be implemented on search engines like Bing and Google as well as social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram – to name a few. The main goal of a PPC ad campaign is to get people to click on your ads.
And you cannot achieve this feat if you are not using the correct keywords to describe your business. Keyword selection is crucial because it has a direct impact on the amount of money you would have to spend on your ad campaign. If you choose misleading or wrong keywords you will waste a lot of your marketing budget in a very small time by making mistakes like;
- By not spending time properly researching the keywords you need to use you will end up making a plethora of mistakes including;
- Spending all your budget on extremely competitive keywords
- Bringing in the wrong people through your ad campaign because of the inaccurate keywords used
- Wasting your valuable time in the end because no one will search for the obscure keywords that you are using.
So, it is paramount that you properly research and choose keywords that fit your predefined budget, have a relatively high search volume and are relevant to your products or services to make sure that you get the most out of your ad campaign.
Your Campaign must be Properly Organized to ensure Maximum Optimization
- It might not sound important at first but having a properly organized structure in your ad campaign can do wonders for your business and the number of people your ads reach especially in Google AdWords.
Your ad campaigns should be the foundation of your structure which means that you should have proper sections that define each of your products or services in a manner that they are properly explained and can be understood by the customer. It is a good practice to keep your ad groups to a minimum in the start so that everything is easily manageable and you end up putting out the information that best describes your business and the products or services that you provide.
- So, it is important that you select keywords that show a proper commercial intent meaning that the customers are searching your keywords with the intent of buying.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
Properly Plan Your Budget
- If you have been trying your hand in the world of PPC for a while and haven’t seen any major success, it might be time for you to rethink your budget. Many new businesses make the mistake of setting their PPC budget very low and that severely hinders any chance of their ad campaign being a success. Most new businesses don’t realize that a PPC ad campaign normally generates a 2% click-through rate on average. This number however can be improved by using newer technologies like machine learning.
For instance, if you are a new business and you have set aside a budget of $500 a month for your PPC campaign there is a great chance that you will not see any major results until you decide to spend $1,000 a month on it instead.
- If you are a new business and you don’t have the budget to hire a marketing team or expert to run your ad campaign, there are always online courses available like Local Marketing Vault that help you in expanding your online marketing campaign to a point that business starts to grow and becomes a major success with the help of PPC.
You can sign up today if you want to increase your PPC knowledge and make your ad campaign successful and efficient at a reasonable price.
Landing Pages that Keep People Engaged
- Once you have engaged a potential customer and they have decided to click on your ad, it is crucial that your ad directs them to a customized landing page that is directly related to the ad they clicked on. Many new businesses make the mistake of linking their ads to their homepages. This is a very bad practice as it can be a contributing factor to the potential customer losing interest because of the fact that your website’s homepage is not something that they expected when they clicked on the ad in the first place.
Furthermore, different trials and experiments have shown that it is always great to offer something on your landing page that your potential customer simply can’t refuse. These offers show your new customers that you value them and that's why you are offering this perk to tempt them into signing up for your service or buying your product. A compelling offer like a free trial, a discount, or a free gift with their first purchase can play a big role in increasing your online traffic dramatically.
- In the aforementioned text, we have discussed some strategies that can help make your PPC campaign a success in great detail. If you decide to implement a few or all of these techniques, the chance of your ad campaign becoming a success can increase exponentially.
If you have any more questions or queries about the entire PPC process or if you are looking to sign up for the Local Marketing Vault PPC program, you can contact us today at The Daily SEM.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2023 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here