Here's how you can make PPC and SEO work together for your new business
PPC and SEO are two of the most popular tools of digital marketing. They are usually deployed separately. However, the two can be utilized together for achieving far better results. Sometimes PPC and SEO are used as alternatives. And brands only invest in either one of them. This is a huge mistake on part of the business retailers because the two strategies can be integrated with one another, resulting in harvesting the website’s fullest potential utilization.
SEO is a method used to increase the website’s traffic through enhanced visibility and site authority.
While PPC on the other hand generates traffic through carefully created and targeted advertisements in search engines, social and other popular online destinations.
The two might look different but aim to achieve similar goals.
The Difference Between SEO and PPC
- SEO aims to improve a site’s organic traffic from search engines such as Google or Bing. There are several SEO techniques for improving rankings.
PPC on the other hand is a model of digital marketing where advertisers pay an allotted amount of money each time a visitor visits the website that has been displayed through a Google Ad.
Similarities Between SEO and PPC
- Both SEO and PPC aim to achieve similar goals. The two strategies are similar in nature. Both aim to drive traffic to the website. Secondly, both SEO and PPC are keyword-driven strategies.
SEO and PPC Working Together
SEO and PPC can work together in many ways.
Maximizing SERP Coverage
- Search Engine Results Pages (SERP) are the web pages displayed by search engines when users search for something using a specific keyword. When SEO is coupled with PPC, a brand can potentially consume a large portion of the SERPs, showcasing advertisements at the top and organic lists below.
This allows sites to gain double exposure, resulting in the increased expansion of the business.
Learn more about my #1 recommendation to grow an online business here.
- Both are dependent on keyword optimization to surface for related searches. PPC campaigns generate immediate results, advertisers can harvest keywords that have proven to be profitable and pass that information along to SEO teams to optimize pages for enhanced visibility and traffic.
Elevated Brand Awareness
- When a visitor visits a website and clicks a PPC advertisement, he is taken to a landing page where they learn about a business and its offerings. From there, he might get distracted and visit another related link or website.
When that individual searches for similar products or services in the future, he is likely to remember his interaction with the company’s website and click on its organic listings. As these prospective customers increase and get familiar with the brand, they are more likely to engage with its organically listed content.
Both Channels Are Needed for a Successful Online Push
- SEO and PPC, both are an important part of the online campaign. SEO and PPC should share their knowledge, especially since both share the same advertising space. There is no situation where organic rankings will eventually make PPC obsolete.
SEO and PPC have a lot in common, mostly that they each work in driving business goals. Since these two strategies are intrinsically linked, it is imperative that retailers learn how to feed information back and forth between their SEO and PPC teams as this is the true secret to dominating the competition in the SERPs.
- Combining the two strategies can result in better performance. They can operate on many of the same premises. Eventually, your business will expand and flourish
To learn more about PPC, get enrolled in the Local Marketing Vault course.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here