You’re leaving a lot of money on the table if you have not been using Facebook to promote your brand or business. Not only that, you’re also indirectly creating more room for your competitors to keep beating you at your game.
In the last decade, Facebook has remained one of the best platforms for digital marketers and business owners to connect with their target audience and showcase their products and services.
Even when it appears that the social network is becoming less fashionable among the teens and tweens, a recent report from Statista shows that Facebook has 1.86 billion monthly users. In fact, 71.1 percent of Facebook users are 25 years or older.
The massive traffic on Facebook represents huge marketing opportunities for those who can recognize them and use them to their advantage. Interestingly, it’s way cheaper to market your business on Facebook than on search engines like Google.
The average cost-per-click (CPC) on the Google Adwords Search Network is $2.32 compared with Facebook which costs only $0.64. In fact, you can further reduce the cost with some smart moves and tweaking.
Facebook allows you to set up your campaigns based on your specific marketing goal. For example, you can focus your campaign on building brand awareness, increasing engagement or driving traffic to your website.
How Challenging Is It To Get Results With Facebook Ads?
I’ve heard many business owners complain about how difficult it is to get results despite spending a lot of money running Facebook ads.
Perhaps you’ve also been disappointed at some point with your ROI after weeks or months of continuous campaigns that brought little or no results. If you’ve ever experienced frustration getting the most out of your ad spend on Facebook, then it probably means you’re not getting something right.
Let’s start from this perspective.
- When you log in to your Facebook account, do you go there to socialize by liking your friends’ pictures and commenting on posts that interest you, or you go there with an intention to buy?
- If you’re like most people, then the second option is unlikely going to be your answer. This is simply because Facebook is not a search engine like Google, Bing or Yahoo where people conduct searches about where to find products or services they want.
Facebook is more about socializing than buying or searching for what to buy.
An average Facebook user is not active on the app to make immediate buying decisions. As a result, they are unlikely going to open their wallets and bring out their cards to make a purchase immediately after seeing your ad.
You can’t push your product or service directly to someone who’s not on board to buy and expect them to take action. A vast majority of buyers go through a typical buying cycle before making a final decision of what and when to buy as illustrated below.
This is what a typical Facebook Sales Funnel looks like:
If you agree that the buying intent is substantially low on Facebook, then it means you need to map out a strategy that will enable you to capture their attention and nurture them before pitching your product or service today.
The most effective way to achieve results with your Facebook ads is by creating a Facebook sales funnel for each of your campaigns.
Right here, I’m going to show you a step by step process to create a high converting Facebook sales funnel that will enable you to optimise your ads and increase sales. If you’re ready, then let’s dive right in.
Follow this step-by-step process to create a winning Facebook sales funnel:
1. Create Segmented Content
- The first thing you want to do is create and publish great content on your website. The content can come in different formats – blog posts, video, slideshows, infographic, webinars or industry reports. The content has to be of good quality, engaging and relevant to the products you’re promoting and tailored to the needs of your would-be customers.
- Creating different types of content specific to your business is crucial to attracting and engaging different segments of your audience. Your prospects are likely in different stages in their buying journey. While some may be seeking information, some may be seriously interested in making a purchase right away.
Therefore, it is crucial to have a variety of relevant and engaging content that will enable you to meet the needs of every subset of your broad target market. You can then drive them right into your funnel the moment they engage with your content.
Want A Proven Done For You Facebook Ad Funnel System? Click Here!
2. Promote Content To Your “Warm Audience”
- In marketing, a warm audience refers to a group of prospects who have been receptive to your marketing and have demonstrated tacit interest in your product or service by providing you with their contact information.
- Your warm audience is likely going to engage with your content and convert since they already showed some level of interest in your business. You can also include them in your website retargeting list for constant exposure to your ad. You should pay attention to the engagement level with your content and determine which content is producing the most purchases.
Understanding your content performance will enable you to understand how your prospects are responding to your content. There are chances that if your warm prospects respond favorably to the content, your cold audience will as well.
3. Target “Lookalike Audiences”
- Lookalike audiences are people who are likely to be interested in your business because they are similar to your best existing customers. Facebook has a “lookalike” audience section where you target people who share certain characteristics, interests, and web behavior like your current customers, website visitors or page fans.
- The good thing about lookalike audiences is that they enable you to reach a much wider demographic of prospective customers. That way, you’re expanding your marketing reach.
- Right within your Facebook Business account, hover to the Audience section and click “Create a Lookalike Audience”
Facebook provides you with multiple options to choose your source – the audience you want to use to create a lookalike audience. For example, you can choose from a Custom Audience, a conversion tracking pixel or people who have engaged with your Page at one point or the other. You can also import a csv file from an email management tool like Mailchimp. It all depends on which option works best for you.
- Once you’ve selected your source, the next thing is to choose a location and determine your target audience size. The audience will consist of anywhere from one to ten percent of the population of the state, country or countries you choose.
- Keep in mind that the smaller the percentage of your audience size, the closer the lookalike audience to the identities of your existing audience. Once you’re done, click on “Create Audience” at the bottom of the page.
Facebook will include your lookalike audience as part of your overall audiences. Since your lookalike audience is completely new, you will need to attract them with engaging content, and drive them into your sales funnel as you nurture them with more relevant content.
4. Aggressively Promote Your Best Content
- You already have a template for what your best content is (the content that resonated most with your warm audience in step #2). What you want to do now is take the content and promote it to your cold audience – those who have shown little or no interest in your business.
- The content could be an explainer video or a webinar that helps them solve a particular problem. If you provide tree care services, you can create a blog post that teaches homeowners how to care for their tree and also protect their property and households from possible tree damage.
When doing this, your focus should be on how to move a sizable number of your cold audience deeper into your Facebook sales funnel and nurture them to become a warm audience. To achieve this, you have to establish your audience and position your product or service as the solution they need.
Want A Proven Done For You Facebook Ad Funnel System? Click Here!
5. Embark on Effective Marketing
- It takes effective marketing to persuade your cold audience to develop strong interest in your business, and convert them to highly-qualified leads. Your marketing should be focused on exposing your brand to them as many times as possible.
Constant exposure to your product or service can push them deeper into your sales funnel and get many of them prepared to make a buying decision. There are several ways to do this, and one of the effective ways is through retargeting. You can do this using your Facebook pixel. Facebook pixel allows you to track the web footprints of your prospects and serve them with your ads.
6. How Does A Facebook Pixel Work
- Proceed to creating a Facebook pixel by clicking on “Tools” from the top menu of your Facebook Business account. Facebook will ask if you want to Integrate or Tag Manage or copy and paste the code generated.
Choose the option that suits you and continue. Facebook will then create a pixel which you will add to your website.
You can follow this guide to understand the process of adding a pixel to your website.
7. Retarget your product/Service
- People tend to associate with brands they see multiple times. You have a number of re-marketing techniques to use. I will recommend using video content to retarget your offering. Video content tends to engage people more than other formats like written content. Video ads enable you to make a deeper connection with those who have earlier shown interest in your ads and encourage them to visit your landing page.
8. Follow Your Prospects Up
- So, you’ve been able to drive a sizable percentage of your would-be customers to your website and some of them have filled out a contact form on your landing page. But the journey doesn’t end there. You have to follow them up with emails or call as the case may be.
- However, not every prospect that you contact will respond favorably to your mail. In fact, there's a high tendency that more than half of them will not open your email.
So, how do you get their attention and persuade them that you’ve got the right solution to their problems?
This is where creativity and consistency come in. You may have to play around multiple options to determine which one works best. For example, you can make personalized videos that explain the benefits of your product or services and accompany your claims with testimonials of your past happy customers. This may help reinforce their belief and trust in you.
9. Automate The Process
- You don’t want to go through each process of building a new sales funnel each time you’re launching a new Facebook campaign. Facebook allows you to automate your sales funnels to save you the stress while replicating what’s already working. You will only have to spend time fine-tuning your existing content and developing new one based on factors such as change in trend and expansion of your marketing scope.
Want A Proven Done For You Facebook Ad Funnel System? Click Here!
Leverage Facebook’s Data Pool
- You can leverage the immense pool of data and massive traffic available on Facebook to promote your business to a wider demographic of audience and increase your sales.
- While it’s possible to achieve some great results by following the steps highlighted in this post, you will save yourself a lot of stress and surprises by getting a pre-made funnel that is specific to your niche.
A niche-specific premade funnel, as the name implies, is a Facebook funnel that is pre-built by an experienced marketer, leveraging their experience and knowledge about what’s already working. It comes with content, strategy and other important resources that you need to fast track the journey of your prospects along the sales funnel and convert them to your happy customers.
Where To Get Niche-Specific Premade Funnels
- If you’re serious about ramping up your marketing efforts either as a business owner or a lead generation expert, one of the best platforms to turn to for proven and results-driven niche-based pre-built funnels is the Local Marketing Vault.
- The Local Marketing Vault or LMV is a program that shows you how to conveniently generate qualified leads for your business or client, using a pre-built Facebook funnel.
I got started with this platform 3 years ago and the journey has been super amazing. I was able to generate massive traffic of leads to my clients within my first few weeks in the Vault using the premade funnels built by Jason McKim & James Bonadies.
- The guys completely changed my life, teaching me how to run successful Facebook ads with little or no stress. All I do to get results for my clients is copy and paste what they have done and get paid by my clients.
- It is super easy to get fast, and consistent results using the premade funnels from the Local Marketing Vault. The hard work has been done. All you need to do is choose the niche you want to focus on and duplicate the sales funnel that’s already working in your niche.
In addition to getting the niche-specific premade sales funnels you need to succeed the Local Marketing Vault enables you to network with people of like minds via a private Facebook group of almost 5000 members. The group has been of huge benefits to me, as it has availed me the opportunity to partner with some of the best in the digital marketing space.
The best part of it is, you can accept to work with clients in a niche you know little or nothing about and deliver outstanding results through the help of members of the group.
Want to learn more about the Local Marketing Vault? Click HERE.
CEO/Jack of all trades master of none! The Daily SEM
Father of 4 awesome kids! Trying to survive!
Don't get bogged down by the bells and whistles out there.
His #1 online business pick for 2022 and beyond to grow your own 6/7-figure business getting results now for clients vs later. Learn more here