Learning about the best PPC practices is very important in 2020 if you want to run a successful digital marketing campaign.
Pay-Per-Click (PPC) is a popular digital marketing strategy deployed by businesses for expanding their outreach in the digital world. The advertisers pay search engines and social media platforms for displaying their ads. More precisely, search engines make money whenever paid gets clicked on.
Many businesses use PPC practices but only a few are able to take their sales to new heights with it. What are these businesses doing right and other businesses aren’t? Let’s find out.
Listed below are three most useful PPC practices for 2020 which can help your campaign go from good to great:
PPC Practices 101 – Focus on the Relevancy of Keywords
- Keywords are probably the most important aspect of all digital marketing tools. It’s because the correct and relevant keyword will help you attract the right kind of customers. PPC platforms like Google Ads use the bidding model for offering keywords to advertisers.
The most competitive keywords are the ones that carry a hefty price tag. However, those keywords will bring the highest and most relevant traffic. The quality and relevancy of keywords are directly proportional to a higher rate of leads conversion.
Smart businesses do their homework before bidding for keywords. Good quality keywords have the following traits:
- Most commonly used phrases for searching a product
- Popular among users
There are a number of online research tools available that can help you in keyword research. A little investment in these tools can go a long way. If you are not in a position to invest in research tools, then you can also utilize the free keyword research tool provided by Google Ads.
- Google Keyword Planner can be found in the Tools section of the Google Ads menu. This tool helps the user in selecting the keywords by displaying the average searches made for relevant keywords. It also shows the bidding costs associated with them.
Thoroughly researched keywords and smart bidding are the first steps to a successful SEO campaign.
Determine and Understand Your Target Audience
- Determining your audience and designing a marketing campaign in accordance with their needs is marketing 101. For a successful Pay-Per-Click campaign, it is imperative that you know the demography, gender(s), style, age, and mindset of your target audience.
Good PPC practices involves developing a buyer persona. In order to create an accurate buyer persona, you would need to get into the head of your buyers. You will then be able to customize your campaign to make it most appealing to your buyer.
- This will help you customize the content of your ads, pick the most relevant keywords, and choose the best graphic design for landing pages. Knowing your customers translates into higher conversions and sales.
Use Compelling Call to Actions in Your Ads
- Something is lacking in an ad if it does not prompt your reader to click on the link. You can make your ads more effective by introducing catchy Call for Actions (CTA). CTAs are short and crisp phrases that invite the reader to click on the ad.
There isn’t a lot of space in a Google PPC Ad so go with short phrases such as:
- Read on
- Buy now
- Learn more
- Click here
These CTAs are placed at the end of the ad. An ad with a CTA will not only convey your message but will also prompt the reader to take action. It adds a wholesome quality to your ad.
If you wish to learn more about PPC, we recommend you join the Local Marketing Vault Program. It is a premium program that teaches the art of running a profitable PPC campaign.